Dell Inspiron has high pitched screeching noise

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron has high pitched screeching noise

This question is answered

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron N5110 and there have been times where it made this REALLY high pitched screeching sound. It wouldn't stop until I turned off the laptop. Does anyone know why this might be the case? Currently tech support told me they would get back to me by Monday and right now they're trying to make sure I have the right BIOS version. I kind of want to learn more about computers so I figured I would make a discussion about this just so I could learn more.

Right now my BIOS version is Dell Inc. A10. If anyone has any information, that'd be really helpful. Also I'd be more than willing to elaborate more on my laptop's condition.  

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you try reseating the Memory, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, Wireless card and check if that makes a difference. Use the below link for help.

support.dell.com/.../index.htm

I also suggest you run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo, select diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Post back with any error codes.

Thank you

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you try reseating the Memory, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, Wireless card and check if that makes a difference. Use the below link for help.

support.dell.com/.../index.htm

I also suggest you run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo, select diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Post back with any error codes.

Thank you