Dell inspiron 1525 wireless network adapter issue

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell inspiron 1525 wireless network adapter issue

This question is not answered

I have found several people that have issues setting up their wireless network adapter on here and tried following the steps mentioned, but none of those helped me.

My issue is that I can't even get my device manager to recognize I have a wireless adapter.  I had windows XP previously installed and it ran fine.  Then I had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall windows to which I chose windows Vista.  For some reason, I can get everything to work except I can't get my computer to recognize there is a wireless adapter that even exists.

Anyone have any ideas?

All Replies
  • tadsligar,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I'm not sure that I did.  Assuming I did not, how do I go back and reverse/fix that?

• tadsligar,

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• If I have already installed everything except the wireless driver, do I need to somehow uninstall things or how do I start over?