XPS L501x dead? - Battery Indicator Flashing

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS L501x dead? - Battery Indicator Flashing

This question is answered

Hello,

My ~14mo old XPS shut down unexpectedly for an unknown reason and I'm not able to recover from this. Pressing/holding the power button makes the battery indicator/led/light flash in fast intervals (shorter than half second) in a redish-orange color. Screen and fan remain off. No sound error indication.

I wasn't stressing the laptop when this happened and overheating was not a problem as I cleaned the vents/fans myself last month.

I also tried the following:

> Remove AC/battery/both (note: integrated battery indicator shows full), boot, rinse, repeat.

> Remove both RAM cartiges, boot.

> Remove HDD, boot.

> Tried to boot in various "maintenance modes" described by replies to users with a similar problem online.

> Hold the power button for 30s, 1m, 5m.

> Hit my head on the wall in frustration.

> Wait 12 hours and repeat every process.

Still not being able to recover.

Did it die permanently or something?

Thank you beforehand for any response.

Verified Answer

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are facing with the dell computer.

The steps you have already tried for the issue are the possible steps to isolate the problem.

If the system doesn't power on,it means the issue is with the hardware components that provides power to the system.

If there is green/blue light on the ac adapter,the system should come up even if battery has failed{keeping the battery out}.

If it still doesn't work,the only other probability would be the failure of motherboard on the system.We need to get it replaced.

Thanks,

Shrikant

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

All Replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are facing with the dell computer.

The steps you have already tried for the issue are the possible steps to isolate the problem.

If the system doesn't power on,it means the issue is with the hardware components that provides power to the system.

If there is green/blue light on the ac adapter,the system should come up even if battery has failed{keeping the battery out}.

If it still doesn't work,the only other probability would be the failure of motherboard on the system.We need to get it replaced.

Thanks,

Shrikant

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community