DELL Fan Noise

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

DELL Fan Noise

This question is answered

Hi

Jus got a new DELL XPS 14z and the noise of the fan is huge , can any one suggest a way fixing it ?

Verified Answer
  • Thanks, Elijah. I understand your point. In my case, updating the BIOS did  not solve the problem. After that, a DELL technician replaced the fan and the heat sink of the laptop but did not solve the problem either. The fan is still on almost all the time, making noise. Any suggestions for the next step?

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the community

Try updating the BIOS first, here is the link ; http://dell.to/KqM0oa Download file and run, make sure the ac adapter and battery is connected. Let me know of the results, glad to help!

Regards,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• Elijah, many people have the same noise problem with XPS laptops, please check google and you will see. I have yet to meet a single person who could solve the problem by updating the BIOS. I have also tried this solution with my XPS 15, but it simply does not work. I am not sure why DELL representatives in this forum always suggest to update the BIOS to minimize fan noise problem.

• Hi Ajudante,

In Technical Support, the first troubleshooting step/fix for Fan Noise is to check BIOS update. You can check this link,

support.dell.com/.../document

We have users that performed BIOS update and that solved their problem, but we dont say it will always solve the issue, its just that its the first thing you need to check if your fan is acting weird. If bios update will not solve it, we can check for another cause like obstructions or physical damage. Dell can always replace parts if this is new or under warranty, we just dont want to waste your time (and hassle) with repairs, knowing that this is just a driver or update that needs to be done.

If you have issues with your computer feel free to add me as a friend.

Hope this helps,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• Thanks, Elijah. I understand your point. In my case, updating the BIOS did  not solve the problem. After that, a DELL technician replaced the fan and the heat sink of the laptop but did not solve the problem either. The fan is still on almost all the time, making noise. Any suggestions for the next step?