Win7 installed on brand new 3350 does not recognize any hardware device

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Win7 installed on brand new 3350 does not recognize any hardware device

This question is answered

I have bought a brand new Vostro3350 with no preinstalled OS. I then installed windows 7 (ultimate edition) from an official installation DVD. The installation process went smoothly and no error was reported. 

However, when the installation completed I discovered that none of the following hardware devices is recognized: network (wired and wireless), webcam, USB ports etc

I realize that I may need to install drivers, but I cannot do it without the ability to connect a USB stick or without the ability to connect to the network. 

Does anyone have any idea?

Verified Answer
  • dear ejn63 thank you for the fast reply

I realize that several I need to install drivers. I have even downloaded some to a USB stick, but inserting it into the laptop had no effect - the computer didn't see it.

I then burned the drivers on a CD and executed them, but there was no effect either. Maybe I downloaded the wrong files. Can you please be more specific about the exact files that need to be downloaded?

• Chipset driver

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

USB 3 driver

All Replies
  • The USB 2.0 ports should be recognized -- the 3.0 won't be.  You need to install the chipset driver, Dell notebook system software, and then all the others - do those two plus the network driver, and you should then be able to get online to install the rest.

• dear ejn63 thank you for the fast reply

I realize that several I need to install drivers. I have even downloaded some to a USB stick, but inserting it into the laptop had no effect - the computer didn't see it.

I then burned the drivers on a CD and executed them, but there was no effect either. Maybe I downloaded the wrong files. Can you please be more specific about the exact files that need to be downloaded?

• Chipset driver

USB 3 driver

• thank you. this worked