inspiron n5040 stoped from work and given7 beeps - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

inspiron n5040 stoped from work and given7 beeps

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

inspiron n5040 stoped from work and given7 beeps

This question is not answered
I gifted a new inspiron n5040 laptpop since 2 month ago from saudia arabia , but after 1 month of safe usage the laptop stoped from work suddenly , and when i try to operating it dont start up and dont showing anything on screen , but give 7 beep continuously. i treid to resolve this problem by disconnect and reconnect all parts in the laptop but the proplem didnot resolved , but sometime give 3 beeps when start up and sometime dont give any beep ,while the front led is light in all cases. After that i take it to the laptops engineer (not dell agent ) and after 2days of testing it , he tell me that the laptop need to reinstalling the bios system , and he need another laptop same my laptop to take bios system , and he tell me that he dont see same my laptop model in yemen and all dell laptops in yemen in another model , i told hem to download bios system from dell site , he say this impossible because the avilable softtware in site update only. (infact i didnot satisfaction to his speach) please help me about type of this problem and how i can resolve it
All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. 7 beeps on startup means a Processor Failure. You will need to have the Processor replaced.

Thank you

Royan

• thank you my brother Royan for your answer

but i told  this  to   engineer after i reading answer about beep codes in this subject

en.community.dell.com/.../20046244.aspx

but he tel me he was try to replase all parts (RAM,processor,hard,... etc) but problem not resolved , but he my be lie , so i