E5420 Recovery partition

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

E5420 Recovery partition

This question is answered

How can I access the recovery partion or restore this laptop back to factory defaults?

It did not come with any software/recovery CD's.

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Ok, got it figured out.

Now I have the option  "Dell Factory Image Restore" after going into F8 Repair your computer.

The problem is that nowhere does it tell you that your system needs to have Dell's Backup and Recovery Manager software installed and have created a system backup disc prior or else you won't get this option.

Our laptop did not have Dell Backup and Recovery Manager factory installed. I had to download and install it from Dell's site.

All Replies
  • F8 before Windows begins loading.

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Use the below link to access the recovery partition and restore your computer back to factory settings.

support.dell.com/.../document

Thank you

Royan

• Hello Dell-Royan S,

I tried your link but after I got into "Repair Your Computer" and logged in as Administrator, I did not get an option for "Dell Factory Image Restore.

The only options I have are;

Startup Repair

System Restore

System Image Recovery

Windows Memory Diagnostic

Command Prompt

System Restore will not work and System Image Recovery states that Windows cannot find a system image on this computer.

Thanks

• Ok, got it figured out.

Now I have the option  "Dell Factory Image Restore" after going into F8 Repair your computer.

The problem is that nowhere does it tell you that your system needs to have Dell's Backup and Recovery Manager software installed and have created a system backup disc prior or else you won't get this option.

Our laptop did not have Dell Backup and Recovery Manager factory installed. I had to download and install it from Dell's site.