Problem with Dell Inspiron 1470

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Problem with Dell Inspiron 1470

This question is not answered

Afternoon

There is something wrong with my Dell.

Since the first time I bought it, there is about hundred of events according to stop functioning. My laptop suddenly hang, and I must force shutdown almost once every two or three days :(

My laptop temperature reach 59C, so I must use additional cooling fan.

Is there someone who can solve my problem??

PS: Sorry about my English, it's not so good. I'm Indonesian by the way. Thanks before...

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Try flashing your Bios using the below link. I also suggest you run diagnostics on your computer. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo, select Diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Post back with any error codes.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Thank you

Royan

• Hi Royan, I am really hoping you can help. I have a lot of respect for Dell and own over 6 Dell computers in my family. I have the exact same issue for the last 1 year, but only recently decided to investigate. My Dell 14z (1470) laptop freezes up after about 12 to 20 hours of being on. This happens even if I do not install a single program. just running fresh install of Windows. I get the feeling that this is due to overheating, even though I have only been using it on a flat firm surface and the home is airconditioned to 68F (20C). Is there a known bug with this model?

I have flashed the BIOS to A05. After that I have reinstalled Windows several times. I have also tried to Turn OFF the PCIExpress Power Management (as I fouind that instruction in some other posts). I have installed the latest video and intel INF drivers. But nothing has helped.

Is there any hope?