I have a Dell Latitude D630 that I purchased refurbished from Dell about a year ago. 2 days ago I spilled some liquid into the keyboard and it proceeded to get into everything inside the case. So I completely stripped the laptop down and cleaned everything with 99.5% alcohol and a horse hair brush. Put everything back together exactly how it was supposed to be. But now it will not power up. I plug in the AC power adapter and the battery light flashes green once and then goes off.
I've spent 2 days trying every little tip and trick I could find on the internet. Holding the power button for 30 seconds then plugging it back in with no battery installed just straight AC power. Holding the power button for 2 minutes then plugging it back in. The first time I held it for 2 minutes then plugged it back in, it went through a diagnostic test and gave me an error code but I didn't have time to write it down before it turned itself off. Also before the diagnostic test the three lights on the left hand side flashed in sequence from left to right a few times, then I heard a sort of tune come from the motherboard.
I've searched all over google and cannot find anyone else that has had the battery light flash once then turn off. I've even researched the POST codes but none of those happen. The battery light simply flashes one time, then goes out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end.
Most likely your motherboard has failed due to the liquid spill. The best thing to do would be to purchase a new motherboard off ebay, or move on and buy a new computer.
Hope this Helps!
That's where I'm at too. Thinking it's the motherboard. But I was just curious if anyone else had ever encountered the whole battery light just flashing once then going out thing. I couldn't find anything even remotely close on google. But thanks for the response Wade.
Did you find an answer ......... I noticed that your post is quite recent.My "refurbished" Dell Latitude D630 (probably refurbished due the infamous nVidia GPU earlier failure) suffered a video failure in April from the nVidia GPU overheating and corrupting the video permanently.This morning I replacing the motherboard with the Intel video DT781 motherboard, which booted into the BIOS okay, but when I saved the date and time changes and exited, it died, and hasn't booted since. All that happens is that the power LED blinks once, then the battery LED blinks, then just dark silence.I've reset the BIOS, changed around and reseated the memory modules, rechecked all the connections, but to no avail.I'm beginning to think that the replacement board was a dud, that hadn't been used for over four years, had something on it fail when I powered it up.Any solutions ?
Posted by LaptopNomad replied on 12-09-2010 1:52 PM
Remove all RAM memory, start the computer.
POST should report No Memory installed.
If there's no POST report - the motherboard is probably toast.
If POST is alive, the led's report the issue.
I am having the same problems. Mine will not power up; when I push the power button, the power light comes on, the 3 lights on the left come on, with the middle one blinking, and the cylinder shaped light by the power light comes on. It does this for about 20 seconds, then stops. What did you do when you had similar problems?