Dell Vostro 3450 Fingerprint Reader

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Vostro 3450 Fingerprint Reader

This question is not answered

I have recently purchased a dell vostro 3450 and have been very pleased with it, this is my 5th dell laptop over the last 8 years.  I just recently performed a new OS install with the disks provided and everything is working fine except I cant get the fingerprint reader to work or register with the system.  None of my disks included have the software and I have gone to dell support and downloaded the validity driver R292686.exe but when I install it says files unzipped, and I click ok and nothing.  I have also installed a authentica fingerprint reader and it installs and i restart my computer but once again nothing.  Can someone help me?

All Replies
  • hi, i had this problem and no one could answer it, this worked for me, i have a dell vostro 3550 using digital persona biometric finger print reader.

i installed dell validty driver and digital persona software, when rebooting the finger print reader says cannot detect finger print reader,

i then went into the dell drivers in my c:drive and reinstalled just the driver from there, problem solved,

path to follow, my computer / local disc c: / dell / drivers / then look for your validty driver, mine is numbered R294095, double click to open double click the setup file.

it seems that a lot of drivers work better when installed and run from the c: drive.

hope this helps

paul