Sleep mode N5050

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Sleep mode N5050

• How do I wake up my new N5050....have tried every key and combination of keys to no avail

Have even tried Power button.

Mike

• I have the same problem and no help so far. N5050 will not wake from sleep. I have the latest bios, the latest drivers, and if I press the power button to put the machine to sleep, or windows does it after down time, it will not wake up.  The fans still turn, and drive still opens but no hard drive light and no display. The same thing happens if I push the power button while starting, the machine sleeps but will not wake up.

• Same here, can't figure out how to wake this thing up! It's going back to Best Buy soon if I can't get a simple thing done!

• Same problem here. Close the lid, goes to sleep and won't wake up unless I do a hard shutdown and restart.

I changed the settings to "hibernate"  when closing lid instead of "sleep" and that works fine.

Anyone with a solution?

BTW, I don't know if it's normal but my "start" button operates fine but never lights up, has been that way since new.

• Called Dell support, since this problem started today I did a system restore back to a few days ago. That fixed it!

They said it was a Java update i had downloaded this morning. Hope that helps.

mkgearhead

BTW, I don't know if it's normal but my "start" button operates fine but never lights up, has been that way since new.

To clarify, it was my "power" button, not "start" that didn't light up.

I asked about this and found it is normal. Apparently there is a "power" LED on the front edge that lights up instead of the button itself. :o