Dell Studio XPS 1640 Won't Turn On

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Studio XPS 1640 Won't Turn On

This question is not answered

Hi -  

Last night (after some dinner) I went to get my laptop (was in sleep mode) to take upstairs.  As I was unplugging the mouse, monitor, speakers, power ... it suddenly went from sleep mode to off (or at least it appeared off).  I tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't turn on. The battery was full. I've tried turning it on with the battery out and it plugged into the wall, just the battery no power outlet plugged in and with both.  Nothing.   My roommate said this happened before when I was out of town and it eventually turned on after about 24 hours.  This morning, i checked it again and the battery was dead (i left it unplugged last night).  I plugged it in, and the lights on the side of the computer (that indicate it's charging came on).  I've left it alone for about a three hours now and the battery is completely full again but still will not turn on.  Any insight would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Try powering up again - if it won't, the mainboard is bad.