Dell 1564 laptop d drive full

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell 1564 laptop d drive full

This question is not answered

this appears  to be full  but i have rarely saved  anything  how can i find what is in here i have   tried  the  explorer  route  and  most of the few  folders are empty this  is about 260G  i do not understand  this  also C is  ful at 60G  this  seems  wrong  please help

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the community.

What is your operating system? Drive D: is a recovery partition from Dell. It is possible that one of your application or programs is saving in D: drive. In your situation, I recommend you back up or save your files and reinstall the operating system. This is the fastest and most efficient way to correct this issue.

Feel free to post back, or add me as a friend by clicking my Username.

Regards,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• my operating system is windows 7 home premium the D Drive is a whopping 260 GB where C is only 60 Gb  how do i do as you said  no thin appears to be saved  there also why is recovery area 260 gb thanks

• Hi,

By default this drive should not be a place where you save files. This is a virtual partition for recovery. I think there was a virus or rogue software that went in. Or possible that restore points were saved on this drive. If you don't have any files you can go ahead and reinstall OS to correct and clear the problem.

Regards,

• ok   i have  files etc on c do i need to back these up first

• Yes I recommend you back up first.

Open this link to do the reinstallation;

support.dell.com/.../document

Follow Step 3 (Manual reinstallation)

Regards,