Dell studio 1555 CPU upgrade

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell studio 1555 CPU upgrade

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a Dell Studio 1555 with a T6500 CPU, can I upgrade it to a T7700 CPU?

Does Dell Studio 1555 support T7700 CPU?

Thank you for your help.

All Replies
  • It'll work, but at about $300, it's a lot of money to put  into  an otherwise limited system.

• I have upgraded my Dell Studio 1555 with CPU T7700. It works just fine but, when it boots up I get a message "No Microcode Update Loaded for Booting Processor" and I have to press f1 in order to continue. How do I solve this? Any way this message doesn't appear when it boots up?

Thanks

• Make sure you have the latest system BIOS - if you don't, upgraded it.  If you do, then there is no way to remove the error notice.

• After installing the CPU I have upgraded the BIOS A13 (the newest one available).

Do you know which CPU's does Dell Studio 1555 support?

• Here is the setup guide for your system and it has the specifications for your system.
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1555/en/SG/sg_en.pdf

Per the guide it uses a Intel® Core™2 Duo, Intel Pentium® Dual-Core, Intel Celeron® Dual-Core or Intel Celeron

• Yes I have seen that, it supports Intel® Core™2 Duo but not all of them.

I have upgraded my Dell Studio 1555 with CPU T7700. It works just fine but, when it boots up I get a message "No Microcode Update Loaded for Booting Processor" and I have to press f1 in order to continue.

How do I solve this? Any way this message doesn't appear when it boots up?

• As ejn63 mentioned earlier, make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed.  This will ensure that you have the latest CPU support.  If the message doesn't go away, there is no fix unless an updated BIOS is posted.