Cannot find wireless driver for Dell Inspiron 1525

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Cannot find wireless driver for Dell Inspiron 1525

This question is answered

Hi community,

In the device manager it shows the network controller with an exclamation mark. I tried all the wireless driver from this link:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

None of them have worked.

My OS is Vista Basic 32-bit and the specific 1525 model is PP29L.

Can someone help me please?

Verified Answer
  • I read that. But I just did solve the problem myself right now. I decided to open it up to find the model of WLAN card. After finding out it was a DW 1395, I had already downloaded it. But for some reason when I opened the file to download and install it didn't do anything. So I just went into device manager and manually looked for the driver and it installed. Everything is good now.

All Replies
  • perhaps you didn't read   support.dell.com/.../driver_install_order

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• I read that. But I just did solve the problem myself right now. I decided to open it up to find the model of WLAN card. After finding out it was a DW 1395, I had already downloaded it. But for some reason when I opened the file to download and install it didn't do anything. So I just went into device manager and manually looked for the driver and it installed. Everything is good now.

• could you post a link to the correct driver as im having the same trouble as you are and ive got the exact same model thanks in advance :)