use or need for broadcom ush driver for latitude e6500 running windows 7 enterprise o/s

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

use or need for broadcom ush driver for latitude e6500 running windows 7 enterprise o/s

This question is answered

I have a Latitude E6500. I was recently updated by IT dept. with the inst. of Windows 7 Enterprise o/s. I was formerly operating on a Windows XP platform. Upon analyzing my machine status on the Dell Updates website, i find It recommends 15 different updates. My main concern is regarding the Dell Control Point Security recommended update. I obtained two separate recommendations. I also obtained a message on my computer the the Broadcom USH driver could not be found.

I would like to know if I need to install the complete Control Point Security Update Dell_ControlPoint-Security-D_A18_R269916 and also the update DELL_CONTROLPOINT-SECURITY-M_A06_R204039

Do I need to run both or just one of them.

Also, Do I really need to install the complete driver pack to access the driver for the Broadcom USH or can I select only that driver?

If the full device driver pkg is installed will I then need a security card to access my machine?

Do I need the Broadcom USH Driver at all---I do use both air card and DSL access?

Verified Answer
  • Since the IT Department has an Enterprise Version of Windows Support for that Version Does Not come from Dell.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

All Replies
  • Shouldn't you be asking your IT dept????

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• Where on earth are these drivers??? I have gone to Dell's site and downloaded all drivers available for win 7 64 bit, even installed 32 bit in frustration and found the same driver is not available on Dell's site...for either one! I have looked all over the web and cannot find this driver set ( Control Point Security Update Dell_ControlPoint-Security-D_A18_R269916 and also the update DELL_CONTROLPOINT-SECURITY-M_A06_R204039)...where is this driver pack at? :)

• I was able to pay to download them from this site: driveragent.com, once you pay you can download seconds later. The original drivers can be found (if Dell's site is up at the time, it was not for me) here:

1) "Please download this link on your system."-  "www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

2)  "the other driver that you need."- (Dell Control Point driver) "www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

the links for Broadcom USH is under ControlPoint folder.

And here is the steps on how to install the drivers that you need:

For Installation of Dell Data Protection | Access solution, you must perform the following in the exact order: (follow all reboots / restarts recommended by the installation utility)

1. Uninstall any prior versions of Dell Data Protection | Access or Del" l ControlPoint Security Manager software and drivers (if installed on the computer). Back up any security credentials prior to uninstalling.

2. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access Pre-Requisite package (not required for Windows 7 operating systems)

3. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access Driver package

4. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access Middleware package

5. Reboot system 6. Install the Dell Data Protection | Application package. 7. Reboot system The Dell Data Protection | Access Application will install into the Start Menu under Programs\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Access.

Good luck, the paid for version worked perfectly, so I assume the Dell drivers will too! :)

• Here is what I did. First, I downloaded the driver pack for my laptop which can be found on the laptop's drivers page under Systems Management. In my case I downloaded CAB file, "M4600-win7-A02-R314045.CAB". The file is large at 1107MB containing all the 32 and 64 bit drivers and applications for the selected operating system. Second, I extracted the CAB file. Lastly, I opened Device Manager, updated the device driver choosing to manually search for the driver, then browse to where the CAB file was previously extracted and select x86 or x64. Make sure scan sub-directories is checked. Done!

• Obviously if his IT department had a clue, time, a good QC process or inclination he wouldn't have to be doing it himself. Shouldn't you be providing usable input instead of smart alec remarks? Hmm

• Obviously if his IT department had a clue, time, a good QC process or inclination he wouldn't have to be doing it himself. Shouldn't you be providing usable input instead of smart alec remarks?

• http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER92265M/1/DELL_CONTROLPOINT-CONNECTION_A18-2339_R253886.exe

• Since the IT Department has an Enterprise Version of Windows Support for that Version Does Not come from Dell.

• to download Broadcom USH for win7 64bit

www.dell.com/.../2684

CV_WBF_Setup_Y2GT8_64bit_ZPE.exe (25MB)

• go to e6500 download at dell..............pick win7 64bit...go to security and download all 5 files for e6500.the file you need is

BROADCOM CORPORATION-Driver

CV_WBF_Setup_Y2GT8_64bit_ZPE.exe (25MB)

Optional 6/27/2012 2.2.509.141, A01

Applies to:

Dell ControlVault

• Upgraded to W7 Ultimate, works on E6400 either, I have solved the missing driver issue using your suggestion: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=Y2GT8

Thank you for info!