Dell Inspiron built-in mouse not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron built-in mouse not working

This question is not answered

Hi. I have problem with my built in mouse, can't click any of its buttons. I can still use the pad to move the cursor and click. Any help on how i can fix this? could that be a hardware or software issue?

Thanx.

All Replies
  • The touchpad could be going bad.  If this is the case, then you will need a new palmrest assembly.

Sometimes there is a setting in the touchpad software that you can turn off the touchpad buttons.  Go into your mouse/touchpad settings and see if there is something like this in your software.

• I am having exactly the same problem.  Please post if you find out how to fix.  Thanks

• Yeah, but that setting simple enables or disables the whole of the touchpad. But, in my case, the touch pad, as i said, i can use to move the cursor around and click by tapping on it. Its the buttons of the touchpad that i cant click.

• Yeah sure. You too, don't forget me :)

• naderskhan

Yeah, but that setting simple enables or disables the whole of the touchpad. But, in my case, the touch pad, as i said, i can use to move the cursor around and click by tapping on it. Its the buttons of the touchpad that i cant click.

Depending on your touchpad software, you may have both.  Here is a snapshot of my  touchpad software.

On this screen, I have the ability to turn the touchpad on/off.  I get to this section by clicking on the "Sensitivity" button on the left.

By clicking on the "Button" button on the left, I can turn on/off the Touchpad Buttons.

You can click on the image for a larger view.

Your software may not be like mine but I wanted to bring it to your attention.  If for some reason the buttons were turned off, you could fix it.

Otherwise, you will probably have to replace the palmrest.