Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

"Consider replacing your battery" error is displayed

This question is not answered

All of a sudden error  "Consider replacing your battery" is displayed on my Studio 1555 laptop. I had un installed Face Detection software and restarted my machine. After restart the error message is displayed against the battery icon. I have Windows 7 OS on my laptop. I had to un install the Face Detection software as video chat on Gmail was not working. After uninstall, though the video chat has started working but audio is still the same and another battery issue has come up.

Kindly help me on how to resolve this......Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Hi Chetna,

Welcome to the Community. If the Dell Quickset Software is giving you this message I guess its time for a new battery. You can also check the charge gauge on the battery. To check the battery health using the charge gauge, press and hold the status button on the battery charge gauge for at least 3 seconds. If no lights appear, the battery is in good condition and more than 80 percent of its original charge capacity remains. Each light represents incremental degradation. If five lights appear, less than 60 percent of the charge capacity remains and you should consider replacing the battery.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan