N5110

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

N5110

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello to everyone..1st time posting here as having problems with my laptop and not been able to find help after trawlng the net...Inspiron N5110 sometimes boots ok,dell logo etc then windows loading then just restarts....been getting worse and worse and doing it almost daily now.....Another syptom im having is that when and if it does eventually load it then randomly shuts down and restarts at various intervals and without warning...worst thing is problem began to appear in aug this year 2 weeks after the warranty expired....have had it looked at as was told it may be overheating and they re pasted the cpu/gpu? which resulted in it working for a few days but then back to problem..during this time i have also encountered the display corrupting and going all different colours...Hoping that someone will be able to shed some light and offer some help..thanks in advance..

All Replies
  • Color artifacts in the video seem to indicate overheating.  I would renew the warranty and get dell to fix it.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• thanks for the reply..if i renew warranty will dell still repair it even after its been worked on by a previous computer repair shop?Any idea wot sort of price warranty renewal is and do they charge for the repairs?

• Only Dell can answer that.  I am not Dell.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.