XPS L702x keyboard skin

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS L702x keyboard skin

This question is not answered

Can someone point me in the right direction where to get a keyboard skin for this machine.. one that dont cost an arm and a leg. I got a skin for my old inspiron 1520 on meritline .com and it was only like $3. the only ones i have found that may work are over $15 and they dont mention that it will fit this model.

Also would like a sleeve for this, one that stays on it all the time but will zip up for transport protection.

Any help is appreciated Big Smile

All Replies
  • www.ebay.com/.../160647660952

Sam

Alienware M11x R2 - Inspiron 17R (7010) - Inspiron E1505

Forum Member since 2004

"If your issue was resolved, please push the Verified Answer button".

• I just bought a keyboard skin off of ebay:

www.ebay.com/.../370697643696

For the first time in the 2 years or so since I bought this computer, I can use it properly.  I think it might not protect against a really big drink spill, since it doesn't extend far past the keys, but it will help me use the keyboard without damaging the computer.

Dell refuses to make these $25 items available for their $3500 laptops.  There are reasons for me to be happy with my Dell, but if I would consider not making my next laptop a Dell, a top reason would be Dell's decision on this point.

It's a bit ironic - I buy keyboard skins because I know that the main issues I have with my laptops are that I somehow mess up the keyboard and then am cost work time.  However, when I bought this Dell, I didn't have time and lost track of the matter, so I ended up not getting a keyboard skin.  A month or two later I spilled a drink all over the keyboard and the computer was broken.  I gave up on it and immediately went to Best Buy and bought a replacement but since I had paid for the top-level warranty, I sent the laptop in to Dell.  They fixed it and sent it back and I've been using it ever since:

But they still refuse to make a keyboard skin available fot a top computer like this.