After i format my laptop inspiron 6000, my dvd room cannot run, but only can run for cd, how to fixed the problem?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

After i format my laptop inspiron 6000, my dvd room cannot run, but only can run for cd, how to fixed the problem?

This question is not answered

After I format my inspiron 6000, my dvd room cannot use, but only can use for cd, why?  How can I fix this problem?  I went to update the software from dell web, but it show cannot download the application. The application is missing require files. Contact application vendor for assistant.  So what i can do?

All Replies
  • Hi Chewyoong,

Welcome to the Community. Did you update the correct firmware for your CD/DVD drive. If you use a wrong firmware to update it, this will corrupt the drive, and will not be usable. To check drive you have on your computer, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the + symbol next to CD/DVD and check which drive you have. Use the below link to update the firmware which is under CD/DVD.

support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

• You installed a firmware update for you CD/DVD drive. It is possible that the firmware update broke the drive...

Try cleaning the lens on the drive just to make sure.

What application is missing required files?

You installed XP following the instructions below?

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Hi Royan, I already check the  drive, it is NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A.  Last time I also facing same problem, i can use my cd, then my dvd cannot use.  Last time I call to Dell centre they said need to update, but now I update but cannot function too.

• Yes, I am installed follow the instructions.  When I put in my dvd inside, it got the sound running, but cannot detect any thing.