DELL Vostro - 3550 - Webcam

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

DELL Vostro - 3550 - Webcam

This question is not answered

hi,

i got a new dell vostro 3550 and installed all drivers and the dell webcam manager/center and as i start the webcam center i got a message "the driver is not installed". but if i take a look at the system manager and the device manager, the driver for the webcam is installed.

what is the problem and how can i resolve it?

thnx

lloyd

All Replies
  • Hi Lloyd0815,

Welcome to the Community. Use the below link for help if the webcam is not functioning.

support.dell.com/.../document

Let us know if that helped.

Thank you

Royan

• thnx for the example, but it dosen't works!

the error code is a message while the registration "can't register the service tag" - it's a german error message.

i have added the product under my products, bt i can't register it. so than i can't download the software as discribed in the example you have posted.

• Hi Lloyd0815,

Please private message me your service tag, and address I will look into it for you. To send me a private message, click on my user name, follow, add as friend, send message.

Please do not put this information on this open forum, but send it to me privately.

Thank you

Royan

• hi, i still got problem with the webcam. can anyone help me please?

• lloyd0815,

Try...

Webcam is not functioning

Installing Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• kiran wrote the following post at 29-09-2012 2:51 PM:

hi,

i got a new dell vostro 3550 and installed all drivers and the dell webcam manager/center and as i start the webcam center i got a message "the driver is not installed". but if i take a look at the system manager and the device manager, the driver for the webcam is installed.

what is the problem and how can i resolve it?

thnx

kiran

• Kiran,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!