Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N5010 overheating problem (turning off automatically)

This question has suggested answer(s)

My laptop is only about a month 1/2 old and it's turning off automatically constantly. It's been doing this for the last two days. It happened twice while I was playing a graphically heavy game, then later today it happened while I was burning some files to a disk. While I was doing that, I started watching a video in my browser and that seemed to trigger it. Later on I started ripping a dvd and it turned off on its own again in the middle. I assume this is an overheating problem. What do I do?

All Replies
  • bump

• i had the same problem with my last laptop which was a hp.....the problem most likely is your heatsink.......if the laptop is stll on warranty calll dell asap

• I blew into the vent and some dust particles started flying out, not a ton though. It hasn't crashed since then. I also noticed the air was blowing a bit stronger and seemed cooler than usual. I'll see if it turns off again.

• well thats good because what i do like once per month i buy a can of compressed air and i blow air into the fan to blow out any dust that accumalates.....my laoptop doesnt overheat at all....tho it is a bit warm from time to time but i suppose thats because i live in trinidad......

• Had same problem without playing heavy games, It was getting too hot even to touch. Purchased a cooling pad and turned off the "Turbo Boost" function of Advanced system care. No problem of hot laptop since then.