how do I turn bluetooth settings on?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

how do I turn bluetooth settings on?

This question is not answered

I have got a dell studio laptop running windows 7. At some time or another I had access to the bluetooth settings and I turned it all off and now that I want to turn it back on again, I can't find it. The f2 button gives me a little pop up, but my phone can't find my computer. I followed the help menu and typed bluetooth into the search box on the control panel but I do not get the bluetooth settings box pop up. I just get devices and printers and network and sharing centre.

I think I turned the adaptor off so nothing could find my laptop, and now I cant figure out how to turn it back on. I remember playing around with it when I turned it off and it is pretty simple to turn it back on again, I just can't figure out how to do it now.

Any tips?

All Replies
  • I would first check to see if bluetooth isn't already turned on. On most models there is a bluetooth LED.  If it is lit the bluetooth module is on.   You can try the wireless switch as well, this will turn on all radios built into the system if the switch itself is enabled.  Or you can enable bluetooth in the BIOS.  Just start the system while tapping F2 to enter the BIOS.  Look for the wireless section and enable bluetooth.

TB