Scrolling using Cypress touchpad when fingers reach bottom of touchpad

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Scrolling using Cypress touchpad when fingers reach bottom of touchpad

This question is not answered

We just got an XPS-15z, and, we have questions about scrolling on the Cypresss touchpad using the Cypress drivers. 

When scrolling down (either one finger or 2 fingers), when you hit the bottom of the touchpad, is there any way for the scrolling to continue without your haveing to lift your finger(s) back to the top of the touchpad?  On other Dell laptops, I have Chiral motion, or the scrolling continues so long as your finger is at the bottom of the touchpad?  I tried enabling the "Continued Motion" option just in case that was what did it, but that did not seem to work. 

Which brings up another question re what "Continued Motion" does. 

Also, is there any manual/help document for this driver either on the internet, or in the software itself?

I looked on the forum and on the internet, and couldn't find any answers.

TIA.

All Replies
  • Merlinsfolks

If you have not already done so please download and try the newest touchpad driver and see if it helps

support.dell.com/.../download.aspx

TB

• I had done that, and it did not help, nor did replacing the touchpad (which was done this morning).  However, it seems that mine is not an isolated incident, and I was informed today that Dell is working on new drivers to overcome this problem, and they should be out in a week or 10 days.  Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

• Here is another thread regarding problems with the Cypress touchpad drivers.

en.community.dell.com/.../19909342.aspx

I know that engineering is aware of the concerns regarding the driver and once I hear more info about a new driver I will post it on the following thread.

TB

• Terry, I just installed the latest driver for my touchpad, and it still will not do continuous scrolling.  And some guy in the tech support group actually said that this touchpad does not support continuous scrolling, despite the fact that it is listed as a tab and can be enabled or disabled.

Is there anything you can do to help this loyal but extremely frustrated customer?