Mini 10 bios password reset

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Mini 10 bios password reset

This question is answered

How do you reset the bios password on a Mini 10 (inspiron 1012)? The only free/diy instructions I can find show shorting pins on the bios chip, which I can do if I have no other choice, but if there's an easier way, I'd like to know.

Verified Answer
  • No -- and discussing ways to bypass the password security here will get your post(s) deleted, as it violates the terms of service of the forums.

All Replies
  • Call Dell, verify ownership and they'll issue a master password.  The call is not free if you're out of warranty, though.

• Yeah and that's the problem- the warranty expired last month. I work for a company that maintains, fixes, and issues computers for charter schools. Some stupid kid put a password on the thing. Maybe we should charge him for the phone call if all else fails.

But still- is there a way to reset it that doesn't cost anything?

• No -- and discussing ways to bypass the password security here will get your post(s) deleted, as it violates the terms of service of the forums.

• Ok, well, how much is a support call and what information will they need to give me the reset password? The school is the actual owner of the computer; like I said earlier we store and maintain them, so I will need to know what information to get from our boss at the school.

• Yes if you want to pay $50 dollars

• This thread is over six months old and is being locked.  If this doesn't answer your question, please start a new thread.