Cannot install Nvidia drivers on Dell XPS 15 L502X

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Cannot install Nvidia drivers on Dell XPS 15 L502X

This question is not answered

Hi I got a new Dell XPS 15 L502x with Nvidia 540M, I downloaded the driver from the dell site but when I try to install it the installer tells me that no compatible hardware was found? Any solution for this? I only have the Intel graphics installed at the moment.

All Replies
  • I managed to get the 268.30 version installed automatically, but there is a newer version 275.33 available, can I install that?

• PCI Devices will not enumerate properly without CHIPSET drivers installed first.

Newer Nvidia Drivers Need the JUNE 2010 Directx 9.0c Patch installed BEFORE the video drivers.

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

• Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2008;Windows Vista;Windows XP Service Pack 2;Windows XP Service Pack 3

Only use WHQL Certified Drivers.  Also the 540m is not on all models so installing drivers for a laptop that does not have the GPU will fail for obvious reasons.  The 275.33 WHQL Verde driver is the one you should be installing.

www.geforce.com

This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 275 family of drivers (versions 275.xx to 279.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.