Webcam not working - XPS M1530

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Webcam not working - XPS M1530

This question is not answered

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. A few months ago, I was getting frustrated because the webcam would frequently cause USB device conflicts and I was seeing an annoying little popup rather frequently about it. Because I didn't really use the webcam much at the time, I removed the device in device manager. Now I'm trying to get it to work again, and I can't. It doesn't show up in device manager, although I've installed drivers for it. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the USB drivers in hopes that it would fix the conflict, but no dice. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dell's Webcam Center, still nothing. The light on the camera doesn't flash as it usually would when the computer boots up. I'm out of ideas. Any help?

All Replies
  • Faithish

If installing the correct driver didn’t help and Webcam Central doesn't detect the web cam then you may need to replace it.

Here is a link for the webcam driver, please make sure that you correct the correct 32 or 64 bit version.

support.dell.com/.../download.aspx

There could be Windows corruption issues as well and running PC restore may help.  PC restore is generally pretty fast just as long as you have your data backed up.

If you just go ahead and have the web cam replaced and the problems continue then I certainly suggest running PC restore or doing a manual reinstall of Windows.

TB

(Liaison for Laptops, Mobile Devices)
    Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn.
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?