intel my wifi technology

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

intel my wifi technology

This question is not answered

Hi
I ordered dell new xps laptop. i just want to know whether the Dell new xps laptop has intel my wifi technology

My configuration:
model dell l502x
WIndows 7 home premium with SP1

Intel centrino wireless - N1030 with Bluetooth 3.0+HS
driver for intel wireless - 1030
driver for intel Wi Di wireless display
thx

All Replies
  • ArunPrasad Bojarajan,

Try reading this...

Installing My Wi-Fi Technology

From what I'm seeing, you don't have the correct wireless adapter to have My WiFi Technology.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Dear Rick,

Plz read the following link

http://www.intel.com/products/wireless/adapters/1030/index.htm here they have mentioned that intel centrino wireless- N 1030 have my wifi technology, but they have asked to check with the PC manufacturer. hence the wireless adapter which i chose has "My wifi" all i want to know is whether dell giving that tech. to that particular model which i have chosen?

thks

• MyWifi should work with your configuration.  Whether WiDi will, depends on your CPU, video choice and screen type.

• ArunPrasad Bojarajan,

You are correct, my mistake. The My WiFi Technology should work with that adapter.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-029296.htm

I see they added more adapters to the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• i have one more doubt. is it possible to change the wireless adaptor during later stage. i mean.. right now i have intel centrino wireless _ N 1030 and if want to upgrade it to intel centrino advanced -N 6030.. is it possible.. 

and is bluetooth 3.0 +HS inbuilt with that wireless adaptor?

• what is the intel wifi tech good for anyway? i have it in my laptop, but i've never been able to figure out what its good for since i already have a wireless adaptor for giong on the internet...

• up to my  knowledge , its a wifi direct.. u can connect other computers straight away as u doing with bluetooth without any routers. i think its better than bluetooth 4.0 even it has better range than bluetooth4.0.. please correct me if i am wrong..

•  ArunPrasad Bojarajan,

I think I'd ask to find out if they're the same size. I have an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN but the Bluetooth adapter was seperate.

Rick

#DellRockStar

•  richardasears1,

Try reading...

Intel® My WiFi Technology

Neat video to watch. Makes transfering files easier.

Rick

#DellRockStar