Dual core processor upgrade Inspiron 1501

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dual core processor upgrade Inspiron 1501

This question is not answered

Hi Folks,

I have an Inspiron 1501with a Sempron 3500+ (1.8GHZ 512K), and 1 GB of memory, (will upgrade to 2 GB). I wish to upgrade to a AMD Turion 64x2 TL-60 (2.0 GHz dual core processor). I can find two processors, one is a AMD Turion 64x2 TL-60, TMDTL60HAX5DM and the other is a AMD Turion 64x2 TL-60, TMDTL60HAX5DC. They both have a Tyler processor core, one has G1 core stepping and the other has G2 core stepping. Does anyone know if these processors would work with my Inspiron 1501. I would prefer a simple processor swap without having to change to whole system ( except for updating the drivers maybe). Thanks for any advice.

All Replies
  • The CPUs should work fine, but aren't worth more than a few dollars investment - you just won't see that much of a boost from either of them.

• Many thanks

• How is the new cpu working after you changed it?  Thank you.

• I done the same upgrades a few year ago on a friends 1501, it works fine. We found our processor quite cheap on ebay.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• My previous CPU was single core sempron. i am going to use TL-56.  What is the fastest one I can use? Thank you.

• The T-series maxes out at 2.4 GHz - the TL68.