water spill on laptop resulted in blank white screen

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

water spill on laptop resulted in blank white screen

This question is not answered

I accidentally spilled water on my 3 year old Dell Inspiron 1525 about five hours ago. My immediate reaction after I cleaned with a towel was to turn it on to see if everything works fine, and this resulted in a blank white screen so I turned it off and turned it on a couple more times and it showed a blank screen the first time and then shut down after showing the dell sign the second and third time. After checking on online support  forums through a friend's computer I realized that I had made a mistake on turning it on immedietly  as this could short the mother board so I took out battery and turned it upside down and to let it dry. I turned it back on after 4 hours to see if it was ok but it showed a white screen again. I have noticed people mentioning that this could mean that the motherboard was affected or that the screen might need replacement (note: the screen did recieve some of the ) Could someone help me figure out an answer as it might be a few more days before I can go home (I'm out of town at the moment) and take it to the repair person I usually visit. For the time being it's been laid upside down and will not be turned on for another 12 hours or so.

All Replies
  • Is there an image on an external monitor?

• I think the problem's been resolved. After leaving it to dry for over 12 hours, I just turned it on to see if it works and its been on for about 20 minutes now and seems to be working fine, though it did take a little longer than usual to startup (maybe 2 or more minutes). Hopefully it will stay like this