touchpad scroll not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

touchpad scroll not working

This question is not answered

hi

Dell Studio 1535 touchpad scroll not working.?

After replacing my old Hard drive with a new one and installing Windows 7, I lost my scroll function on my touchpad. I am not able to scroll either vertical or horizontal using touch pad. Please anyone help to fix this.

All Replies
  • Hi

You need to install the touchpad driver, ALPS driver

Depending on  the 32Bit/64Bit version of your windows 7 download the appropriate drivers

Alps TouchPad 32Bit

Alps TouchPad 64Bit

Forum Member Since 2010

• Hi,  i have the same problem but with an Inspiron 1520.  Can you supply the 32bit driver please.

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community

Surely we can assist you.

You need to go to Support.dell.com & Then http://tinyurl.com/c3o8g5s

Enter your service tag , select the Operating system as 32 Bit of your windows 7 and update the Drivers .

Thanks                                            

Peyush

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• Thanks for the  info.  however, when I get to this location and enter my service tag it comes up with the Vista and XP operating systems (Vista was on the machine when I got it) and does not give me the option to change it to Windows 7.  Any help much appreciated.

• Hi,

Welcome to the Community

You need to go to Support.dell.com & Then http://tinyurl.com/c3o8g5s

Enter your service tag , select the Operating system as 32 Bit of your windows and update the Drivers .

If your system went with Vista then please select Vista as your operating system to install the drivers .

As Inspiron 1520 is not designed with Windows 7 so u will need to install the vista drivers and it should work .

Thanks                                            

Peyush

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community