dell Inspiron 1764 battery not detected

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

dell Inspiron 1764 battery not detected

This question is not answered

Here here i've got problem with ma battery.. its not charging.. saying battery not detected, press F1 to continue blAAA blAAA.... though its running with charger on... i just got it a month ago, everything waz going good & then suddenly i got struck with this battery...don't know what to do..???

All Replies
  •  

If the laptop is new - contact the supplier and log the problem - replacement battery
    or when its not the battery (motherboard / AC adapter) would be in place.

Go into BIOS - power options and check if AC adapter and laptop battery are listed.
    If either one is listen as unknown the battery will not be charged.

Turn of the laptop, connect the AC power adapter and check if the battery is charging
    using a power meter.

LaptopNomad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme Laptop travel in the Middle-East and Asia

• wat if i can't get to the supplier..

• I have an Inspiron 15 with these issues, sees wrong power adapter, but it is a Dell, and battery not found. Power adapter not know in Bios. Tried BIOS, but won't flash with out battery power. How can I test Adapter, and battery. It powers up with the adapter. 

•  

When the AC power adapter can't be recognized, it can't receive the adapter ID over the 3rd wire / data line from the power adapter.

There are several possible causes - ID chip dead, 3rd wire broken, DC plug / DC jack contact problem, motherboard issue.
    See "battery not charging" for info about each component.

When the motherboard has a problem - alternatively the laptop battery can be charged with an external standalone battery charger.

LaptopNomad
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extreme Laptop travel in the Middle-East and Asia