Hard drive failure - Inspiron 1545?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Hard drive failure - Inspiron 1545?

This question is answered

I have an Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista.

The system froze, although the mouse's curser was still moving around.  None of the open windows would close, and it wouldn't switch between tabs.  It has done this a few times recently, and I forced it off by holding the power button.

When I turned it on again, it would not boot.  I get the Dell logo, and then it goes to a white horizontal bar and it says "Microsoft Corporation" and begins loading.  It stays there.  Sometimes it flashes a blue screen with lots of writing on it, and then it restarts.  I can't read what is on that blue scree because it flashes only for a second.

On one of the reboots, it eventually stopped and showed this message:

STOP: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll
On another reboot attempt, it showed this message:
Problem detedted, windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Process1_initialization_failed

If this is your first time seeing this sto error screen, restart..  If it appears again, follow these steps:

- check hardware is installed, properly, blah blah blah
- if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use safe mod to remove or disable compnents, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC0000102, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

When I press F8 I can get into the advanced boot options.  When I try to boot into Safe Mode, it tries to, but then restarts again, and then gets stuck in that same old reboot cycle.  When I try to access "Repair Your Computer", it goes into reboot.

I ran some diagnostics from the "System Tree --> Cannot boot the OS".

I got back several error messages:

For the scan SATA Disk S/N 79H1TTC4T Confidence test - Surface scan of remainder of media

Error code 0F00:1344

Msg: DISK - Block 259599920: Can't read, replace disk

Error code 0F00:1344

Msg: DISK - Block 468085069: Can't read, replace disk

SATA Disk S/N - 79H1TTC4T - Read test

Error code 0F00:075D

Msg. DISK - DST Self-test Read error

Error code 0F00:0244

Error code 0F00:0244

SATA Disk S/N - 79H1TTC4T - Verify test

Error code 0F00:1A44

Error code 0F00:1A44

So I am wondering what else I should do?  I am not worried about saving any data, as I have that all backed up.  I just want it back up and running, because my other computer is older and slower.

I was told to try reinstalling everything from a disc.  I don't have recovery discs so I have to wait for Dell to send those before I do anything else.

Verified Answer
  • You will need a new 2.5", 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive to replace the faulty one.

• From the error code i see that the Hard disk has gone bad and needs a new one after that you have to install the os and the drivers in the new one ,i would suggest you to call the tech support and find a compatible HDD and also inform them u need the disks.

All Replies
  • You will need a new 2.5", 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive to replace the faulty one.

• From the error code i see that the Hard disk has gone bad and needs a new one after that you have to install the os and the drivers in the new one ,i would suggest you to call the tech support and find a compatible HDD and also inform them u need the disks.