Inspiron E1505 ethernet driver

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron E1505 ethernet driver

This question is not answered

I recently reloaded Windows XP onto my Inspiron E1505.  I now cannot use my ethernet port.  I have downloaded all applicable drivers using my service tag, and have installed them.  I even went through and redownloaded all on the "network" drivers.  I get the "found new hardware" in the lower right hand screen, and it is to install the ethernet controller.  I sselect, as I always do, to "install the software automatically."  When I do that, the computer tried to install the driver, but then I get a message saying "cannot install this hardware" and it continues to say "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."  Does anyone have a solution to this?  Does anyone know which specific driver is for the ethernet controller?

Thanks in advance!!

All Replies
  • http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=179256#Issue5

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• I also just discovered that I am getting the code "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" when I try to install the driver.  I don't understand this.  I have installed all drivers.  I have ever reinstalled the network ones (I'm assuming the ethernet one is a network driver).  This is driving me crazy.  haha I now understand why I was forwarned over and over to never buy a Dell.

• Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do?

• There are potentially 3 drivers you need to install.

The wired Ethernet drivers, the wireless drivers, and the Blue tooth drivers. They are all network drivers.

If you bought your system from a retail store, you are likely using the Intel versions of the drivers.

At the top of the page where you have the list of drivers pertaining to your service tag, you will see 2 tabs. One of them is a list of "All" Drivers. Sometimes you have to select this tab to get the needed drivers.

• Thanks for the reply, but this hasn't worked either.  I even have gone so far as to install all the network drivers possible for my model of computer (not just using my service tag, but using the model number).  I am at my wits end.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try?  All I need is the driver for the ethernet port.  The computer will not recognize that there is even an ethernet port, and now does not even list a possible installation of a driver.  Help please!!

• Install the chipset driver first then the intell driver followed byt the audio then conexant application for D110,HDA,MDC,v.92,modem

• follwed by dell driver under communication then dl the drivers under  network     dell driver wireless 1490 dual band wlan mini card wirless 190 wlan mini card  cdsk,drvr, ntwk, wrles,  mm which is a muilt pk intsall  folowed by broadband driver for 400x10/100 integrated controller

• This thread will be locked due to age.

If you need further assistance, please post in the proper forum. Dell Support Forums

Thanks,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!