the user profile service service failed the logon

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

the user profile service service failed the logon

This question is not answered

Hi, new to the forum, hope this is in the right place.

I have an Inspiron 1564 laptop, and this morning when I tried to log on, I get this message "the user profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Googling this phrase gave me this page on Microsoft support: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215 but the solution there does not work for me because I am still stuck on the login screen.  I cannot log into the computer, and so I cannot get onto the computer.  I had to use another computer just to get online to search for assistance.  What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Does nobody have any idea what could be causing it?

One time when I started up, it gave me the choice to boot into Safe Mode.  I tried that and it worked fine, so I backed up my data while I could get at it.  But when I restarted and tried to boot up again normally, I was right back to square one where it won't let me log in.

• Anybody?

• Did you ever figure this out? Am having same problem, but am not getting access to files in the safe mode. thanks!

• Have same problem. Password is definitely correct and has worked every other day. Am trying to use Inspiron N5110. Did you ever solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

• The most common cause of this problem is a failing hard drive.  Power on, press f12 a few times and boot to the Dell diagnostics.  Run an extended (takes about 2 hours) test - NOT just the quick 10-minute test.

• Hi mitchking,

Are you not able to log in using the same password?

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can check what best could be done. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Send Private Message.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• I tried this, thanks. My hard drive passed the test with flying colours but I still can't log on. Any more ideas?

Cheers

• I'm having the same problem how do I fix this?

• What I eventually did was to phone up Dell and pay £69 to have the problem fixed remotely -they tried to flog me other stuff but I went for the cheapest package. Mine was a software problem, you could test the hardware in case you can fix it yourself.

If you have a knowledgeable friend or a local computer shop then there may be a cheaper way.

Cheers,

Martin