Using the <F8> at startup to get to Dell Factory Restore does not work.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Using the <F8> at startup to get to Dell Factory Restore does not work.

This question is not answered

Hello,

So my problem is that I want to do a Dell Factory Settings Restore and the perscribed route to do so is hitting <F8> at the dell startup screen to enter advanced boot options. I do this and follow the route of Repair>Recovery Options, but past that there is no option for "Dell Factory Image Restore." I tried just re-installing Windows 7 to ,hopefully, restore the Dell Factory settings option (or even maybe just accomplish those ends on it's own) but the re-installation requires me to create a partition which is the complete opposite of what I want. Is there any way to have a re-installation just completely overwrite everything and not save a partition? Or does anyone have a solution completely aside from my current course? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

All Replies
  • Manual reinstallation instructions:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?journalid=8E50DBF60A8F0B79E040AC0A63E92C8F&docid=361935&type=force&lx=179256&lv=339949&l7=362048

• Thank you for the speedy response, but that is not what I am trying to accomplish. I can re-install Windows 7 without a problem, except I don't want to create a partition as that , apparently, causes me to still not be able to restore Dell Factory Settings. My main goal in this is to restore Dell Factory Settings, except I was told the reason I can't see the option is because I must re-install Windows 7 without a partition option being chosen.