Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

What is ANIOApi.dll? How do I get the reinstallation?

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista. Every time I power on my computer and get to the desktop a message appears saying  I have to reinstall ANIOApi.dll?  to my computer? I have no clue what this device is? Why do I need it and what does this do? Also in my device manager under Base system devices it has a question mark (no exclamation) next to the device. Is the ANIOApi.dll installation and the base system device related? Actually what is the Base System Device????

All Replies
  • Have you done anything with your network connection lately? Like changing to a new router or installing new drivers or other software for it?

If so, it was probably left over from the previous installation. ANIO is used by D-Link drivers and is often left behind by setup/reinstall/modify utilities. Unfortunately, if that's the case you have to remove it manually. Fortunately, this is easy Smile

Go to add/remove program under control panel and remove two things:

- ANI services      and

- ANIWZCS2 services

This also helps if you ever see a similar message about WZCSLDR2 but I gather that you don't get that one.

[Please note that I assume that you have no other problems with your connection - just that irritating message]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Studio XPS 1645,  i7- 840QM 1.86GHz,  8GB 1333MHz DDR3,  500GB 7200RPM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD5730,  1GB DDR3,  16" RGBLED Full HD (1920x1080)

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit,  A09 BIOS