Dell studio 1558 webcam driver and webcam manager

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell studio 1558 webcam driver and webcam manager

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello.

To put shortly my problem comes from the webcam driver for my integrated webcam. I bought my studio notebook about a month ago I think and recently tried to set up my webcam for usage. Today I installed Dell webcam manager but when I load it instead of turning my camera on it shows me this message: No support webcam driver detected.

I have tried to find a driver Dell driver download site but found nothing related to webcams, webcam manager isn't there either I found on some forum by searching.

Of course the webcam works when I use skype videocalls...

All Replies
  • go to my dell downloads at     smartsource.dell.com/.../main.aspx  , there you'll find the software that was installed on your system

• I have a Studio 1558 and no there isn't a driver to be found on Dell,com,  Why would dell not provide the driver or information on how to obtain one.  I have to do searches for the driver.  Come on Dell do your job

• Hi bwhuot,

There is no separate drivers required the webcam. You may install the application for ‘Dell Webcam Central’ from the link below:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe .

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further assistance. 

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here