Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

E6410 built in webcam?

This question is answered

I just received a company issued e6410 laptop and noticed what appears to be a camera - just above the screen.  How can I tell if it is operational?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Open the scanners and cameras in the control panel -- assuming the OS is as shipped from Dell, there'll be a driver and software there to control the camera.

If the system came through an IT department and was re-imaged, they would have had to include the drivers in the image for the camera to function.

All Replies
  • Open the scanners and cameras in the control panel -- assuming the OS is as shipped from Dell, there'll be a driver and software there to control the camera.

If the system came through an IT department and was re-imaged, they would have had to include the drivers in the image for the camera to function.

• Thanks so much.  It was just as you noted.  The system came from I.T.

The Scanners and Cameras folder under the Control Panel has no contents.

Mystery solved.

Thanks again!

• Hi.. I also have the laptop from the IT department, but I have all the access(admin rights) to my system, so i can install the drivers required for the webcam... the problem i am facing is that i cant find the drivers for my E6410 running on Win7 64bit, Could you please help me with the drivers for the webcam... when i tried to install one of the drivers.. it failed with error " Webcam not found".. Please help me with this.. :)