Dell inspiron 1521 startup repair problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell inspiron 1521 startup repair problem

This question is not answered

hey my laptop is having an issue and i was wondering if anyone can help me out.  i am using a windows vista home basic on a dell inspiron 1521

every time i start up the laptop it loads for a very long time and the windows logo never appears to log me in. usually at this time i will tend to shut the computer

off by removing the battery in the back of the laptop (i know thats bad for the computer). when i start it up again the boot screen appears then goes to the balck screen

that ask if i want to run startup repair. i click enter for yes and the screen dissapears but then comes back asking if i want to run startup repair again. it repeats every

time i hit startup repair and it wont let me run it.

please help

All Replies
  • Boot to the Dell diagnostics (F12 at powerup) and run an extended (NOT just a quick) test of the hard drive.

• ok i am running it i think i clicked the right thing is this it

http://www.ryerson.ca/itm/LearningEdge/images/diagnos2.jpg

sorry for the bad picture i got it off google images the only diffrence is the box in the middle of the screen running a test 

• Once that's done, boot to the 32-bit diagnostics and run the extended hard drive test from there (you'll see the option).  That will take a couple of hours depending on the size of the drive.

• for some reason when the diagnostic is running it will shut down. i left the room for about in a hour and it said it was still at zero percent and the diagnostic was running but when i came back the computer was off. i tried it again and the same thing happened

• the only way to fix a dell apparently is to get rid of it entirely. I found that out when i had she same issue you've described and 4 other issues in first month after purchase. it collected dust for a while since that is what it was best at and when i finally had the time to call them warranty was expired.  I had a repair guy replace the hard drive, i lost all files. original problem didn't ever get fixed. tell me how hard drive, speakers and motherboard need to be replaced within a month of owning the piece of junk. i get more use out of a paperclip than a dell product. And their customer service blows too. save your self money and get an apple product next time (or anything but dell at least).