Latitude D620 reinstall problems.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude D620 reinstall problems.

This question is answered

I have a Latitude D620 with XP Pro. I had some problems with the wireless and ethernet not accessing at several places. I decided to do a windows repair and got the BSOD  pci.sys-address F76130BF. I tried to do a clean install and got the same error. It starts with the windows setup and after loading all the basic and shows windows is starting right before you get the choice of doing a repair by hitting R or doing an installation, the laptop crashes to the BSOD and shows pci.sys- address F76130BF. I took the hard drive out and connected it to another laptop via usb craddle and formatted the drive. I put the drive back into the laptop and tried a clean installation and right when it shows windows is starting I get the same error.  pci.sys- address F76130BF. I disabled all the BIOS settings and still not allowing.

Thanks,

John

Verified Answer
  • Okay I figured it out. I got really no response from the communities so I had to keep trying until Ifigured it out. The Dell OS installation disks will work on any Dell pc or laptop. It should be on the correct pc or laptop that came with the cd. So if it is Windows xp pro. use the pro disk etc. Well the laptop I was working on had XP Pro and I was using and XP Pro cd. The problem apparently is the bios know which XP Pro with what service pack was installed at dell. I found in my pile of dell cd's a XP Pro SP3 it immediately ran and installed the os. So to make a long story short. If you are having problems installing or doing a repair and get the BSOD with the PCI-SYS F76130BF, try another disk with a new SP on the installation disk. It works.

JohnYes

All Replies
  • Could be faulty RAM or a bad hard drive.  F12 at powerup - run the extended diagnostics.

• Okay I figured it out. I got really no response from the communities so I had to keep trying until Ifigured it out. The Dell OS installation disks will work on any Dell pc or laptop. It should be on the correct pc or laptop that came with the cd. So if it is Windows xp pro. use the pro disk etc. Well the laptop I was working on had XP Pro and I was using and XP Pro cd. The problem apparently is the bios know which XP Pro with what service pack was installed at dell. I found in my pile of dell cd's a XP Pro SP3 it immediately ran and installed the os. So to make a long story short. If you are having problems installing or doing a repair and get the BSOD with the PCI-SYS F76130BF, try another disk with a new SP on the installation disk. It works.

JohnYes