Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio

This question is answered

Does anyone know where I can find the driver for a Dell Streak for a Studio 15 running Windows 7 64 bit?

Dell's documentation states that the drivers will be found and loaded automatically but this isn't the case and I haven't been able to find them to manually load.

Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • I've been able to resolve this.  Before the Laptop  can access the Streak to be able to install Dell PC Suite, the following is required:-

Connect the Streak to the Laptop with the USB cable

Tap USB icon on the Streak to activate

Tap USB connection

Tap to select 'Copy other files to/from your computer on the 'Select Communocation Method'

I was then able to access the Streak from the Laptop.

All Replies
  • I've been able to resolve this.  Before the Laptop  can access the Streak to be able to install Dell PC Suite, the following is required:-

Connect the Streak to the Laptop with the USB cable

Tap USB icon on the Streak to activate

Tap USB connection

Tap to select 'Copy other files to/from your computer on the 'Select Communocation Method'

I was then able to access the Streak from the Laptop.

• Hi

I've had a similar problem. Do I have to install Dell PC Suite (which I can see on the streak) in order to install the driver?

• Hello.

Yes.  To be able to use all the synchronisation options, the Dell PC suite has to be installed.  However, I found that to copy photo's and other files to and from the Streak, no special drivers were needed and the Streak was treated as an external drive.

Regards,

Peter

• Hi Peter

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a try. I had notice that, despite getting the message that the driver couldn't be found/installed, I could actually see the streak as an available drive.

Regards

Paul

• This thread was quite helpful. Thank you.

Any other tid bits for my new setup would be appreciated.

Buzz