Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Streak Driver for Dell PC Studio

This question is answered

Does anyone know where I can find the driver for a Dell Streak for a Studio 15 running Windows 7 64 bit?

Dell's documentation states that the drivers will be found and loaded automatically but this isn't the case and I haven't been able to find them to manually load.

Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • I've been able to resolve this.  Before the Laptop  can access the Streak to be able to install Dell PC Suite, the following is required:-

Connect the Streak to the Laptop with the USB cable

Tap USB icon on the Streak to activate

Tap USB connection

Tap to select 'Copy other files to/from your computer on the 'Select Communocation Method'

I was then able to access the Streak from the Laptop.

All Replies
  • I've been able to resolve this.  Before the Laptop  can access the Streak to be able to install Dell PC Suite, the following is required:-

Connect the Streak to the Laptop with the USB cable

Tap USB icon on the Streak to activate

Tap USB connection

Tap to select 'Copy other files to/from your computer on the 'Select Communocation Method'

I was then able to access the Streak from the Laptop.

• Hi

I've had a similar problem. Do I have to install Dell PC Suite (which I can see on the streak) in order to install the driver?

• Hello.

Yes.  To be able to use all the synchronisation options, the Dell PC suite has to be installed.  However, I found that to copy photo's and other files to and from the Streak, no special drivers were needed and the Streak was treated as an external drive.

Regards,

Peter

• Hi Peter

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a try. I had notice that, despite getting the message that the driver couldn't be found/installed, I could actually see the streak as an available drive.

Regards

Paul

• This thread was quite helpful. Thank you.

Any other tid bits for my new setup would be appreciated.

Buzz