Latitude E5500

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Latitude E5500

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have an E5500 that I had to downgrade to Windows XP SP3 for business reasons. I have installed all drivers for the unit that were on the Dell driver support website with the exeception of Dell's Control point stuff. Chipset, audio, video, lan, wan, etc....

The only thing that shows up in the device manager is something called SM Bus Controller. All I need is the driver for this device and I can move on with my life. Dell support has been no help so I hope that someone in the community has come across this issue and can help me. Thanks so much.

All Replies
  • Did you ever get this resolved? I am stuck on the same driver with XP SP 3, any  guidance would be great!

• Install the Dell notebook system software for XP and the chipset driver for XP - both are there for download (under system utilities and chipset driver, respectively).

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=LAT_E5500&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

• Go to the Intel site download the inf utility appropriate for you chipset. Intel also has a useful Intel Chipset Software Utility which will scan your system and check out all the correct drivers. Billy Ray