Touchpad Input Driver for Latitude D630

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Touchpad Input Driver for Latitude D630

This question is not answered

I just upgraded my D630 from 32bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7 (wiped the Vista off and clean install of 7). It's working very well, but the touchpad isn't fully functional. I have lost the scroll capability. Dell support says they haven't written a replacement driver and aren't sure that they ever will. Any suggestions or fixes to get the scroll capability back?

All Replies
  • I can zoom but not scroll with the touchpad on my XPS16, running Win7 64-bit.  I have the newest Setpoint 4.8 driver.  Is the message from Dell support that scrolling simply doesn't work with Win 7?

• Dell's message was that touchpad scrolling wasn't supported for my d630 which was originally a vista machine. I don't know about other machines. My wife just got a vostro 1520 with windows 7 and the touchpad doesn't scroll either. pretty bogus...

• alijamal14

here you go this worked for my 'windows 7 ultimate 64 bit' hope so it will work for you too as well...

http://goo.gl/USXb0

http://honestpchelp.com/2011/dell-d630d830-windows-7-64-bit-touchpad-drivers/

Advertising for other sites that in effect say to download a DELL Driver from their site

are suspect at best and a violation of TOS at worst.

Dell Touchpad / Pointing Stick
    Release Date: 6/26/2007
    Version: A017.101.101.9
    Importance: Optional
    Download Type: Driver
    File Format: Hard-Drive
    File Size: 4MB

http://ftp.us.dell.com/input/R157047.EXE

R157047.EXE

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• well thanks for the info :) i will try to provide direct links in future...

• Dell Touchpad / Pointing Stick

Release Date: 6/26/2007

Version: A017.101.101.9

Importance: Optional

Download Type: Driver

File Format: Hard-Drive

File Size: 4MB

ftp.us.dell.com/.../R157047.EXE

R157047.EXE

hope this resolves for everone... cause i haven't checked this link my self... i have only checked the previous link i posted before... :)

• Thanks very much for this! Plus one for you.

Minus one to Dell for not providing a link to Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers on the main support page.

• Does the referenced driver (R157047) allow for the touchpad to be turned off (disabled) when a mouse is plugged in to a USB port? If not, is there an (Alps) driver that does allow for the touchpad to be disabled when an external mouse is plugged in?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• I'm BearPup, and I just wrote the post asking about the R157047 driver; I tried installing it anyway, and I get the error message that, "Failed to get current Alps Touch Pad driver version". Please help!

• Never mind the above posting. I found a good copy of R157047, and an updated driver @R231736 which is specifically for Win 7 64 Bit. Should anyone need this driver, try the ftp site, under Dell Latitude D630.