Display adapter problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Display adapter problem

This question is not answered

Recently, I downgraded to Windows XP Professional version 2002 from earlier Windows Vista.  The reason for downgrading was to get more speed (my Vista crashed left me hanging while I was on my business tour).   My system confirgrations are as follows: DELL XPS M1330, Inter(R) Core-2 Duo CPU T5800@2.00 GHz, 1.99 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM.

My problem is after downgrading the OS, the display resolution of my laptop is reduced considerably.  I found out from Control Panel- Systems-Device Manager that display adapter (Mobile Intel(r) 965 Express Chipset family)  is not properly installed.  The device status reads "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". 

Its really painful for my eyes (and also shameful) to adjust to such bad resolution.  Can anyone please help me to find out what exactly the problem with my display?  and most importantly is there any solution?

I would really appreciate a reply.  I am banking of the DELL community members.  Please help.

Regards- Anantraj (INDIA)

All Replies
  • You must install the Dell notebook system software, chipset driver and driver for your display adapter - in that order.