Please be advised that communication is being sent out this week to all regions of Dell Technical Support regarding replacement issues for the Studio XPS 1645 systems. At this point we will no longer be processing PMs requesting replacement 130w adapters to be sent out. Please contact Dell Tech Support once the instructions have been communicated and they will be able to process your requests.
I don't have an exact date on which days the regions will officially get the communications this week but my best guess is that everyone should have been made aware by the end of this week.
Contacting Technical Support
In the United States, use phone numbers on this page to contact Dell Technical Support.
Outside of the United States:
NOTE: We now have a blog post up on Direct2Dell regarding this program.
If you are experiencing adapter over heating and/or throttling issue please read the following:
Studio XPS 1645 Owners
Studio XPS 1647 Owners:
Studio 1747 Owners:
1. Update your BIOS to version A14 or newer.
2. Update your Dell System Software to version A05 or newer.
3. Verify the Video driver is Version 8.631.0.000, A09 or later
· Go to support.dell.com
· At the very bottom of the page, select your country in the Choose a Country/Region field
· Choose Contact Us on the left hand side
· Click on the More Details link in the Contact Tech Support section
· Click on the green Telephone button under the Call Tech Support section