Number Lock on Studio 1555 ?????

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Number Lock on Studio 1555 ?????

This question is not answered

I recently purchased a Studio 1555 for my daughter.  She is in a Spanish class and needs to type sentences using the upside down question mark.  On her older laptop, this was done by using the number lock, the ALT key, and typing 0191 simultaneously.  As far as we can tell, there is no number lock key.  How do we work around this in a way that we can use this laptop's key pad to make the upside down question?

CJW 

All Replies
  • I was struggling with this on my laptop with only an integrated number pad. If it is like mine, you need to hit the Fn key and the F4 key simultaneously to engage the number pad. Then hold the Fn key to use the dual-use number keys on the right side of the keyboard ( m=0, j=1, etc). I looked forever and I could not find this information anywhere on the Dell site. For folks like us who are used to separate keypads, this is REALLY nasty and quite irresponsible.

If worse come to worst, you can always find the character in the character map. Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map and you will find the character there, which you can copy and paste  (at least in XP, I don't know Vista).

Toby

• kymarto123,

What even nastier, is the fact this keyboard does not have the dual-use number keys.  It only has the standard number keys above QWERTY.  I am very disappointed!  Thank you for your reply.

CJW