Inspiron mini 1012 unknown device on device manager

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron mini 1012 unknown device on device manager

This question is not answered

hello.

i just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on my netbook (clean install).  after installing all drivers, i looked at device manager and found one unknown device. tried using unknown device identifier but did not identify the hardware. 

unknown device instance path - ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&1

can anyone help me identify the hardware and find the right driver for it?
thanks
All Replies
  • snyperifle,

From doing a little research, it seems to be from your battery. Go to Drivers & Downloads and dowmload, in your browser, the battery application. See if this correct the problem.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I want to confirm that this fixes the issue on two Mini 10 (1012) notebooks that got a fresh install of Windows 7 Starter using the OEM disc that came with them.  Thanks for the help.

• I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell Mini 10, installing the function key software got rid of the "Unknown Device" in the device manager.

• Is there a link to the Function Key Software?  Where can I find it and under what name?

Gil

• The link to the function key software is under system utilities on the driver page for dell mini 1011..

here's the link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=R231949&FileId=2731127326&productCode=inspiron-mini10v&urlProductCode=False

Hope this helps!!! After hours I finally got all drivers loaded...

• Hello, I have similar problem and I managed to fix it, I think its a Compal COMPAL Embedded System Control, try to install the driver for that, found one HERE

wish that help you.

• RE: Inspiron mini 1012 unknown device on device manager - Laptop ..

I found the driver relating to this unknown issue. The unknown issue is the Dell Battery Meter/Wireless Select Switch, v.1.1.0.10, A00 and can be found in APPLICATIONS on the dell support page. Make sure that after you select your system model, click All related drivers for your Product from the selection of driver filters. Download ( Dell Battery Meter/Wireless Select Switch, v.1.1.0.10, A00 ) and that's it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Link:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-1210?driverId=J52TK&osCode=WLH&fileId=2731104956&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AP