How to stretch display?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How to stretch display?

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have DELL Inspiron 1545 laptop and currently I am having some issues with my display.

For example, the resolution (native) of my Dell laptop is Widescreen - 1366x768 and when I play games that are made for 4:3 display - I get 2 black bars by each side of my screen. Can someone please tell me how to acess options of the display itself on my DELL Inspirion 1545? Is it possible to stretch picture like on other LCD monitors?

Thanks. I hope this issue is easy  to solve.

All Replies
  • You have to go into the game and adjust the video settings. If it does not list yours select the closest one and that is the best you can get. The issue is with the game not the computer.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Well, the game dosen't have option to adjust video settings.

Maybe the proper question would be: "How do I control automatic screen stretching when using 640X480 resolution full screen?" ?

Thanks.

• There is none. You will have to live with what you have. 640 x 480 is a very old res. the game must be and older game.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• there is one slight possibility to try not saying this will work. but if you have a desktop icon for the game right click on it and select properties or if in the all programs listing do the same right click the listing and select properties, in the run line select  maximum

Forum member since 2003

• Sorry but your tip didn't work out for me. Can you at least tell me how to acess options of my display on DELL Inspirion 1545 like we can do on other LCD monitors?

Thanks.